Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Voicethreads......

     I enjoyed hearing Sra. Saavedra speak about the baby turtles in Costa Rica and was surprised to hear that the government allows the people to harvest the eggs.  In a way it is similar to the plight of the Amazon forest, with the locals able to cut down trees for crops and yet destroying the rain forest in the process.  
     Voice threads might be a good tool to use for students who will be missing a lot of school for illness or in the case of one of our students, spring training in Florida.  I wonder if we could use this for multigenre?  Each student could post a picture and and give a summary of their oral presentation and then fellow students could go on and comment about their issue.  I think I will talk with Robin and Carolyn about this!   I will make a note of this for playing around with during the summer when preparing for next year. 

2 comments:

  1. Love the multigenre possibilities. Good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can definitely see using VoiceThread with the multigenre project. I think there are other tools we have explored in the 23 Things project that might work better for a student is absent for a long period of time. Moodle is working great for students in other grades in this same situation.

    ReplyDelete