Sunday, April 11, 2010

Thing 22--Our Choice and Wow what Choices there are!

We are almost done with this project and now we get to choose which Web 2.0 element to use....I thought wow this will be a simple one.  Little did I realize that there are 68 pages on just one site alone.  Now what to choose...After about an hour of checking many very interesting sites I found one that I could really use---www.ToneBee.com.  It is a site that allows you to cut a song that you already have in your library to ringtone length for your phone for NO charge.  It is a great tool for those of us who do not have internet connectivity on our phones.  It allows you to make your own ringtones from your own music.  Using www.Zamzar.com to convert my iTunes to mp3 format I now have a vast selection of ringtones to choose from.  I must admit for many of you this would not be a big deal, but for one who loves music and hates the programed ring tones on her phone, this site was made for ME!  Now if I can just find my computer size reader that holds my phone card I will have a ringtone for almost everyone!!!  I am still thinking of possible uses in the classroom, and it might also work for student photostory projects where short bursts of music might be needed, but I am sure we can come up with somewhere to use this very easy to use site.

2 comments:

  1. Good find. I don't understand why anyone pays for ring tones if we can use 30 seconds of a song for free.... And if you make your own, you can cut it just the way you want it.

    ReplyDelete