Monday, February 8, 2010

Flickr, What a site!

What an amazing source of photos for friends and others to look at and use.  After taking the tour of Flickr, I practiced uploading some pictures from last summer into an album.  Wow, how easy!  As I travel on this journey called Web 2.0, the names never cease to amaze me.  Who ever thought up Nings? or LinkedIn? or Blogging?  And how did the word google become a verb?  How the language of the internet has changed our vocabulary.

After viewing the many different aspects of Flickr I would like my students to find out all it has to offer.  After reading a blog about the common mistakes of PowerPoint, I can't wait for my students to try and use actual photos for their engineering competition presentations for the judges. What a great way to add some individual  creativity to what has become a very boring way to present information.  Tomorrow its on to "mashups???" 

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous idea - using Flickr to create portions of the Grade 8 Engineering presentations...and Multigenre too!

    ReplyDelete