Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Thing 7 & 8 revisited

After spending time developing my netvibe page, I realized that I look forward to learning new things and what they can do, but feel somewhat overwhelmed as to how to use them to be a  more effective educator.    I am amazed at the amount of information that is available at your fingertips.  You can get feeds from various newspapers from around the country not to mention the world.  I did sign up for the New York Times Science edition feed, which I miss.  I used to have a subscription for the class and enjoyed the articles to share within the class, now having it on a daily basis I can once again use them.

I think that having my students blog about ideas might prove to be a good way of assessing their understanding of various concepts presented in class.  My concern would be the student's ability to have access to a computer.  I suppose though that is not the problem it used to be in the past.

2 comments:

  1. I must admit that I was a bit concerned with the amount of info that Thing 8 exposes people to. You really do need to filter your start page to contain those items that are of most value to you. Some people are better than this than others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of your class reading New York Times Science edition and blogging about it!

    ReplyDelete