Monday, February 22, 2010

A Thing called Mashups

The video was interesting to watch...I just realized that I have been using a "mashup" for quite a while now.  Every time my daughter decides its time to move, between using craigslist and other realty sites, I have become very familiar with the little map icons used by the sellers.  I never thought that they actually have a name....once again who thinks up these names?  Do they get a royalty every time it is used?  I did try my hand at several of the Flickr sites, including making a movie poster for my daughter from our great trip to San Francisco and the island of Alcatraz.  She got a big kick out of it!
I can see using a type of Mashup with the 8th grade multigenre project with their graphs and tables that are required for their presentation.  Yahoo has a program called pipes that allows one to make a specific mashup, when I get more time I plan to see if I can make my own pipe!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, Pipes is interesting. I hope the program continues to evolve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you have a specific mashup in mind for the multigenre project?

    ReplyDelete